вторник, 16 юни 2009 г.

A detective story

It was a hot summer afternoon in a small town near Manchester when the Sergeant phoned me. “There was a murder of a young woman” he said. She turned out to be one of my closest friends who lived in an apartment across my house.
It was crushing for me when I walked in the room and saw her pretty face limp and all in blood. She didn’t deserve to die… But I had to be a professional. The body wasn’t noticed for three days and because of the heat, it was very decayed. It was horrible. Other strange think was that the whole room was a mess which is very unusual for her – she was the tidiest person I knew. So that was definitely a murder. But who was the killer?
I had some suppositions. I went to talk to her ex-boyfriend first because I knew he hadn’t lived through the break up. He wasn’t very polite and he was all nervous while talking. I asked him when was the last time he saw her. He answered in defense that he wasn’t in her flat the last three days for sure. The only strange think was that we didn’t tell him when the murder was.
Then I went to talk to her present boyfriend who looked devastated. It was normal but there was also something weird here. If they loved each other so much, why didn’t he call her the last three days?
Was the murderer one of them? Or it was another person? Was it her ex-boyfriend who thought that if she wasn’t his, she won’t be anyone else’s? Was it her present boyfriend who was still jealous of her last man? It is still a mystery.


Dessy Tartova

5 коментара: