понеделник, 15 юни 2009 г.

Short Story: A MURDER FOR MONEY?



Although it was summer, it was cold outside. This night there were lots of clouds and there weren’t any stars in the sky.
While I was looking the sky through the window, the phone rang. It was the police officer, who told me that there was a murder in frond of the local school. When I heard that I grabbed my coat hurriedly and after 20 minutes I was on the scene of the crime.
It was dark and started to drizzle. When I got out of my car I felt the cold wind and yes, I was sure that it would be a long night. There weren’t any clues on the street, just a dead body. Then when I saw the victim I couldn’t believe on my eyes- the man who was lying dead on the street was my former class teacher Mr. Smith. I was wondering who could kill so polite and kind men like Mr. Smith. I thought that he hasn’t got enemies, but I was wrong. Somebody hated him so much, that he/she killed him.
Although the weather was bad, I started to inquire the witnesses. They were very scared and told me that they heard just a noise on the street. All evidences was useless accept one. The men told me that he had seen the crime. He saw a black Mercedes and the driver of that car was the killer. The witness told me that the first number of the car number was 8. Yes, this evidence was very useful for me, but there were lots of black Mercedes in the town, which first number of the car was 8.
After that I had to ask his wife some questions, but she wasn’t at home. It was strange, because their neighbors told me that she is unemployed. On the other day she wasn’t at home again. Then I visited some of her friend and asked then some questions about her. And when I asked then what kind of car she drives they said: a black Mercedes and the number of the car were 8689. And after that I still wasn’t sure that Mrs. Smith was the killer, because she hadn’t got a motive.
After two hours wondering what Mrs. Smith’s motive was, I realized that I didn’t inquire the victim’s mother. I was sure that she could know more than the others. And she knows. The old lady was their neighbor and she told me that 3 days ago there was a scandal between them. She heard that Mrs. Smith intimidated her husband with murder, it he don’t give her the money. “But what kind of money?” I asked the victim’s mother surprised. Then she told me that 3 weeks before Mr. Smith won 1000000 $ from the lottery. She told me that her son didn’t love her because of her bad character so that he wanted to leave her. And when Mrs. Smith realized that Mr. Smith wouldn’t give her the money, her last chance was to kill him and to still the money.

Yes, after this evidence I was sure who the murder was. The only one thing we had to do was to find Mrs. Smith. But this wasn’t not very easy.


VERA

5 коментара: